Show All Answers
You may also obtain a permit at any Jackson County Parks + Rec Marina.
Missouri-registered BOAT OWNERS must provide the following documentation:
- Current water craft registration
- Proof of ownership on the motor (title or registration)
- Personal property tax receipt for previous year is required if you are a Jackson County resident
Missouri-registered boat MOTOR OWNERS must provide:
What if I live out of state?
- Current water craft registration is required
If it is not motorized, no paperwork is required.
-Must be at least 8’ long
If it does have a motor, even a trolling motor, it must be registered with the state. We will need:
- Property tax receipt for previous tax year
- If anything except trolling motor we need proof of ownership on the motor
Cost: County Residents $30, Non-County $60
- Must launch from authorized areas. Do not wade in from the shoreline
- A light is required to be used when operating kayak/canoe between sunset and sunrise
- A personal flotation device is required, in serviceable condition and readily accessible, for each person on board, and recommended to be worn at all times.
- It is recommended to have a horn or whistle on board.
Missouri-registered boat owners can obtain a dock space with the following documentation:
Learn more about the parks.
View more information about the trails.
You can contact the Sheriff's Department at 816-524-4302, or via their website.